Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When I got married....

I was remembering the day I got married today. It was a long time coming. Neither one of us wanted a big production. In NY it seemed to be a pain in the butt to get the license, to go to city hall etc. So we looked into doing it when we went to Fla on Vacation. I did some calling and they would be happy to marry us, but we had be licensed in the state we lived in. Well, we weren't gonna waste one of our Vacation days to take care of it so we put it off. Later in the year we were going to Spokane to visit my Half Sister and her family. So I called there. They had a better system. They only had a 3 day waiting period after applying for a license to then get married. Great, we would be there over a week. So that was the plan. Everything was easy and the people were very nice. It always amazes me that certain laws are different in every state. Aren't we the United States of America??? But thats a rant for another day.

The weather was beautiful the entire week. I got my long hair cut short and donated it to Locks of Love and my sister and I even got our nails done. Then as we were driving to the court house, out in the distance we could see a huge forest fire. Luckily it was far enough away that it didn't effect the city or homes that I could tell. But that couldn't be a good omen. Then as we got off the highway into the city the sky's opened up and it poured so hard I couldn't see a thing. We were planning to get married under a tree on the grounds so that would now be out. But even worse... Non of us had an umbrella. So my nice new hair cut and white clothes were drenched. It was kind of funny though. They say its good luck if it rains on your wedding day. But it only rained from 10 minutes before our ceremony and was over by the time we got out. So between the forest fire and the freak rain storm not sure what the omens say about us getting married. Its been a few years now and we're still happy so thats good.. right! :)

No comments: