Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I like to think I would....

Last night I was at my local B.J.'s to get crapload packages of stuff that doesn't expire like toilet paper and paper towels etc. Over the PA comes a message "if anyone found an ipod please return it to the customer service area". I thought to myself never. Never would anyone turn in an ipod. I can't even honestly say weather I would or wouldn't. I'd like to think I would return it. I know if I lost one I would like to get it back. But anyway I was looking at the books and this mother was screaming at her daughter at the top of her lungs about losing her $400 ipod. "Why did she put it down in the bathroom", & "did you look around to see if anyone was using it"? This kid couldn't be more that 15 years old. What the hell was she doing with a $400 ipod?? I never had anything that expensive as a teen. I used to lose my book bag and purse regularly. All kids do. It doesn't make it right but its a fact. Kids are not responsible. They need parents guidance, not parents who will yell at their kid in the middle of store as the kid is crying her eyes out. I felt so bad for that kid. I was kind of hoping whoever found it would feel bad for the kid too and give it back but as far as I know no one did.

1 comment:

SaoirseDaily2 said...

That is a sad story. Kids do expect more expensive "toys" these days. I had a horse when I was young and I know that was an extravagant expense for my parents to pay. But it did keep me out of trouble and taught me respect and responsibility. I too hope someone returned the IPOD, but as you, I know no one will. Parents alot of time play that guilt card. Have a groovy weekend.