Saturday, February 23, 2008

Vets treat their patients better than Doctors.....

I am again amazed by how long the wait is at my Doctor's office. Don't get me wrong, I love my Doctor, but I think its her assistant who causes the problem. The doctor starts taking patients on Saturday at 9:30, but there are 15 people who have an 8:30 appointment time. I got there at 7:45 and there were 2 people waiting there before me. I didn't see the doctor until 10am! Now compare it to the Vet. I have a 10am appointment for my cat and I was seen at 10:10am and was done by 10:40.

Everyone thinks its so great that the candidates say they will guarantee everyone will get health insurance and be able to see a doctor. That sounds all great and wonderful but what doctor are they gonna see?? Everyone I talk to says they have to wait so long at the doctors office they sometimes give up. They are sitting in a waiting room with people who are coughing and sneezing for hours so if they aren't sick going in they are by the time they leave.

Why can't the candidates figure out how to educate more doctors and make it easier to have a local doctors office. People are so quick to sue a doctor when a mistake is made. The insurance is so much money the doctors need to jack their prices up, which in turn makes health insurance more and causes people to not be able to afford to go with out insurance. Which of course brings us to the fact that doctors & nurses are so over worked more mistakes are made. Its a vicious cycle that needs to be fixed... and quick!!

No comments: